No currently scheduled events.
- Speaking: TEDx Rainer (11/7/2011)
- Workshop: Singing Improvisation (11/7/2011)
- YAM! Camp — Yoga + Art + Music (6/25/2011)
with Will Hewett, Melina Meza and Havilah Rand
When: September 25-30, 2011
Where: In the beautiful Texas Hill Country — Lotus Ranch, Wimberley, Texas
Cost: Per person, inclusive of retreat lodging and meals:
Single room: $1,250.00 (space is limited)
Shared room (2-3 people): $1,000.00
What happens to your music and your art when you come to it through the doorway of daily yoga practice? How does your embodiment fuel your creativity?
If you’re interested in exploring the dynamic synergy between yoga, art, and music, come join us for YAM Camp 2011. Inspire your transition into autumn at this fun and supportive week-long workshop held at a beautiful hill-country retreat only ten minutes from the artsy eclectic village of Wimberley — and less than an hour from the live music capital of the world – Austin!
Whether or not you consider yourself a yogi, musician, or artist, we will provide you the basic tools to discover your hidden talents, passion, and inner wisdom. Melina will bring her enthusiasm for leading retreats and facilitating daily yoga, nutrition, and cooking classes. Havilah will share insights from her years songwriting, performing and touring. Will, an experienced facilitator, vocalist and improviser, offers the wisdom he has garnered working with singers and other artists to explore the connection to their own music. It is our desire that you will leave the retreat with a balanced mind, a healthier body and a clearer channel for renewed creativity in all aspects of your life.
On retreat, you and your fellow adventurers will enjoy:
- Daily meditation and yoga classes
- Creativity warm ups
- Vocal explorations for the shy and experienced alike
- Guidance in singing, guitar playing and song writing
- Open time for solo work and relaxation
- Performance night where you can share what you’ve been working on
- Delicious meals, including Iron Chef night
- Evening song circles
*Our week will culminate on Friday with a night out on the town in Austin where we will enjoy dinner and live music.
Included in your retreat:
- Daily classes with Melina, Havilah, and Will
- Delicious organic meals
- Transportation to and from your Austin hotel to Lotus Ranch.
How to get ready for YAM Camp:
- Book your flights to arrive in Austin by Saturday, September 24, if you are flying in from out of state.
- Register and make your deposit here.
- Book your hotel room for the nights before and after the retreat — Saturday, September 24 and Friday, September 30, or stay as long as you like!
- Email Melina your hotel information for shuttle pick-up there on Sunday, September 25.
Space is limited.