Singing Yourself Alive — Watch Will at TEDx!

Posted by on Jan 14, 2012 in Sing15: Will's Year | 6 Comments
Singing Yourself Alive — Watch Will at TEDx!

Singing Yourself Alive: Vocalist and improviser Will Hewett explores the language of sound beneath words. After singing 15 minutes every day for a year, Will Hewett describes — and sings — what he learned about commitment and the ability of a simple creative practice to open us to vibrancy, and to a deeper connection with ourselves and the world around us.

Contact Will

6 Comments

1. Kate
    January 15, 2012

exactly. YES! Thank you.

2. Matt Delcomyn
    January 17, 2012

So relaxed, and expressive and inspiring…and entertaining! How did you do all THAT in just a few minutes?!
    One word – mastery.
    Thank you for your courage and your brilliance!

3. Charlie
    January 20, 2012

Absolutely beautiful. I love how you make people smile, Will. You and I should sing together sometime. I would like that. Let’s catch up soon.

4. Simone LaDrumma
    January 21, 2012

Very entertaining, Will! I have sung “in tongues” for many years and lead vocal improvisation workshops and you’ve given me some great ideas. Thank you! (I’m wondering, though… did you have a Russian ancestor somewhere back there? 🙂

5. Katherine Friedman
    January 21, 2012

Will, what a pleasure to see this and you! I love this. You are such a natural speaker and I am so happy to see you share yourself with the world this way. I will definitely share this with others. What a simple and profound message. Miss you! Katherine

6. Marv Weisbord
    January 30, 2012

Helo, Will. Thanks for that special treat! You overflow with song. Your presentation reminds me of how much singers and singing have enriched my life, including that special night accompanying you in Seattle. (My jazz group uses the Japanese fake books you got for me as a key reference, especially for seldom-heard verses to great tunes.) We have several singers. I’m sending the video to all of them. Bop-a-doo, di daaaah, di dah dah…Dah!